Monday, June 4, 2012

What Keeps You Going?

What Keeps You Going?

  I can say personally that living with a connective tissue disorder, such as Marfan Syndrome is no easy task. Everyone with the disease goes through something different such as, back pain, joint pain, anxiety, depression, etc.. It is a disease that just what most would say, " just sucks". I can talk about the negatives of this disease for a long time, but right now I want to focus on one's self.

  Everyone has a drive to continue to live, but you have to be willing to do something about it. I can say that my drive has changed as I have aged. At 30 years of age, I can say that my family keeps me going and knowing I can make them happy with just the littlest things brings a smile to my face. Also, if I am feeling down I know that I can overcome anything as long as I set my mind to it. I always live by the motto", Failure is NEVER an option,". I have way to much going for me that the last thing I want to do is give up. 

 So, as you go through your day and reflect on what has happen, ask yourself this question, "What keeps me going"?

No comments:

Post a Comment